Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

icyj ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Aug 2 18:28:20 UTC 2006

I made the switch two weeks ago!  I am loving it.  I am still running
Fedora Core 5 on my server (Fedora was my OS of choice before I learned
of Ubuntu), but I have replaced Windows XP with Ubuntu on both my laptop
and desktop.

My desktop does still have a small WinXP partition, which I rarely use.
It contains all the windows essentials (that don't have good open
source equivalents) like Battlefront and Ages of Mythology, of course
some programs for school such as Multisim and Autocad (if only every
software company made Linux compatible versions of there software, then
Linux would really gain a following!), and finally my TI-89 Titanium
Calculator (can't seem to find a program for it on Linux).  Otherwise,
I use Ubuntu full-time!  The only other issue I faced was that I had to
ditch my lexmark all-in-one printer for a HP, oh well, it has been worth
it so far!

--
icyj