ADSL Broadband connection

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 08:20:44 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

Ubuntu-6.06 amd64
Onboard LAN

At time of installation I have a PCI network card installed.  PCI was
network card eth0 and Onboard LAN eth1, the latter of which was
selected as default.  After discovering the onboard card can be
detected and finishing installation the PCI Network was removed.  Then
eth0 disappeared leaving eth1 behind.

Each time starting the PC, broadband can't be connected.  I have to
play around on Network Tools/Device/Netstat, etc. and Networking.  I
have no idea how it can be fixed.  But this was routine.

Please advise how to fix this problem and change eth1 to eth0.  TIA

B.R.
SL