linux on hp nx7400

heikrnen ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Aug 2 07:02:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just ordered nx7400 (Intel GMA 950, WSXGA+ 1600x1200 and Intel
Pro/Wireless 3945ABG) and I'am planning to fill the Ubuntu/Linux
compatibility information for it. It should arrive on 3th of Aug
(tomorrow) and I can probably get some reports out during weekend.

My expectations for Linux-compatibility are high because there is a
SUSE certification for this model.

Also it seems that nx9420 has the same hardware and it seems quite
compatible by the reports i have googled.

I chose IPW instead of Broadcom WiFi chipset because I understand that
Broadcom works only by using Windows drivers through ndiswrapper.

Some reports of nx9420 compatibility have two issues:

- audio is coming out only from the headphone jack, not from speakers

- sometimes after shutting down linux the laptop goes into a "bad
state" and the next boots takes a long time

However I think these have been already solved/are being solved.

So if you have some patience, the compatibility report (Ubuntu Dapper)
is coming :)

--
heikrnen