(SOLVED..sort of) : Desktop launcher as root

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sun Apr 30 23:46:52 UTC 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:22:44 -0400
Frank McCormick <fmccormick at videotron.ca> wrote:

> I took Peter Garrets suggestion of a simple "sudo mc"...went into the config editor, changed the default
> terminal to rxvt-unicode and it now works, but with a small window which has to be resized. But it works.

You can set the terminal size by specifying a different font or geometry.
For instance

urxvt -ls -fn "xft:Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:pixelsize=14"

And / or;

-geometry geometry    size (in characters) and position

For instance:

urxvt -geometry 150x50 -e mc

If I understand correctly this gives you 150 characters width and 50 lines
height. Adjust to taste ...

If gconf doesn't like the extra options, or you want to make the changes
remain on each execution of urxvt,  you can make a little wrapper script
with your options in it ( say urxvt-mine or something), and throw it in
your $PATH somewhere ...

Peter

____

"Hyperlinks subvert hierarchy."