NIC Cards

Brendon brendontoogood at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 09:40:16 UTC 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:11:49 +0300, you wrote:

> My card is built-in my motherboard is a Gigabyte 915G (81915G Duo).
> The built-in NIC is NetLink BCM5789 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express.
>
> I have few questions?
>
> 1. Anybody know if this NIC compatible with Ubuntu?
> 2. This card is 10/100/1000 and I have 256K DSL? Does it make a
> difference if I switch to one of the 10/100 NIC?
> 3. If item 1 above is OK, how can I install this NIC?
>

> Thank you.
>
> --
> OOzy
i just had a look on the net and found this on the net i am not sure about
ubuntu but this card seems to work on linux well a different distro
this is what it said about your nic card
Broadcom NetLink BCM5789 Gigabit Ethernet - Use Tigon3 tg3 module.

http://hell.jedicoder.net/?p=30
it won't make difference if you switch to a 10/100 i am running it on that
and a friend of mine is running a gigabit ethernet card and he can't tell
the differance between the speed wise so if a 10/100 works i'd say use
that.

   brendon