maxlogins

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sat Apr 29 22:45:22 UTC 2006

Peter Garrett wrote:
> OK - A google search on "linux limit failed logins " turned up
> http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/faillog.8.html

Weird... that man page is different from the one on my system. In
particular, my man page doesn't mention the crucial -l option, even
though the -l flag actually works.

I did look at faillog, and I dismissed it because I didn't see what I
was looking for. It's strange that the option was there but not
documented on the man page.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
Daniel.