Electronics: gEDA not working on Breezy ???

mpvano ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Apr 29 20:48:12 UTC 2006

Agreed - I've just done an install of all the geda-* packages plus pcb
on another breezy system.

As you found, there's no system-common-rc or system-commonrc in
/etc/gEDA.

I'm not sure where my other file came from, but I had done dozens of
different experiments trying to get gschem working - perhaps it was
part of another package install I tried that failed. (Or maybe even a
misnamed attempt at downloading your file!)

The one I just installed segfaults immediately if I try to run gschem
unless I copy the system-commonrc file (wherever I got it from) from
the working system into the new machine's virgin /etc/gEDA, gschem then
works fine.

I've deleted my note - it's obviously just confusing things....

sorry,

Mario

--
mpvano