Dapper screensavers

Michael V. De Palatis mdepalatis at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Apr 29 20:09:45 UTC 2006

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 09:53:47PM +0200, Thilo Six wrote:
> Yup it´s a gnome thing.
> I do not like it, too.
>
> However if you would like to refert it, here it goes:
>
> 1.
> $ gconf-editor
>
> then disable
>
> /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/screensaver/start_screensaver

Oh, of course! gconf does it again. I wish that I would think of these
things... This is really one of those areas where Gnome actually
annoys me. Sometimes they hide things so much that it actually becomes
LESS usable. However, this was a good solution, and that means that I
can just keep ubuntu-desktop installed after all, which means I am
less likely to have other things break.

Thanks!

Mike