US Robotics ADSL 4-Port Router Model 9107 Installation

OOzy Pal oozypal at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 17:00:19 UTC 2006

On 4/29/06, voger <vogernewsletters at yahoo.gr> wrote:
> OOzy Pal wrote:
> > I just bought USR 9107 and hooked it to my both Win and Linux
> > computers. I was succssfull to configure the winodws but ubuntu.
> >
> > The ADSL modem came with a Linux utility called EasyConfigurator;
> > however, I could not run it. When I type
> >
> > sudo ./install.bin
> >
> > I get an error " Exception in thread "main"
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: zerog/lax/LAX
> >
> > Anyhow any body can help me configure this modem to work with ubuntu?
> >
> > --
> > OOzy
> >
> You don't need EasyConfigurator even in windows. As far as i know USR
> 9107 is an
> modem router that connects with your LAN card. So if you have configured
> properly
> networking in your Ubuntu box then you just need to open your browser
> and navigate to
> 192.168.1.1. Username: admin and password: admin.
>
> BRW if you configured your modem router under windows there is no need
> to reconfigure
> it under linux. Assuming that they are both in the same network you just
> have to set up
> properly networking in linux and set as default geteway 192.168.1.1.

hmmm, here is the problem! How to configure my Linux Network. My eth0
is disabled.
The cards was working with Mandriva ok.

see the following
$ mii-tool eth0
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0clear' failed: Operation not permitted

$ cat /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces.
# They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem.
mapping hotplug
        script grep
        map eth0

--