flash bug wmode=transparent does not work under flash-plugin for linux was: Peugeot website broken with Firefox?

Gerhard Gaußling ggrubbish at web.de
Sat Apr 29 11:29:42 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, 28. April 2006 17:03 schrieb Richard Mancusi:
> Both sites work for me, including "click on 'Job Search Now' ".
> I am using Firefox 1.0.8 (Ubuntu 5.10).
>
> Rich
>
> On 4/28/06, Yorvik <yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > The peugeot site works ok for me, but this one
I  query that statement, because this is a well known bug in macromedia
flash-plugin for linux: It can not handle wmode=transparent.
Due to this bug the flash movie ignores the z-index, or does not show
transparent parts of the movie transparent, instead transparent parts
are white opaque. The flash movie is all the time on top and ignores
the z-index.

To Illustrate that buggy behaviour here some screenshots:
http://89.110.156.10/pub/screenshots/flash/Lin-scr-Peugeot-
MozillaFirefox.png
http://89.110.156.10/pub/screenshots/flash/Win-scr-Peugeot-
MozillaFirefox.png

Here is a site that I did, it shows more comprehensive that flash bug::
http://89.110.156.10/pub/screenshots/flash/Lin-scr-linie-(c)-MozillaFirefox.png
http://89.110.156.10/pub/screenshots/flash/Win-scr-Peugeot-
MozillaFirefox.png

Sorry for the linebreak, please append the rest of the line into the
adressbar of your browser.

This bug affects all flash capable browsers in linux.

I don't know about the other site 'Job Search', also it's not the site
the OP mentioned.

Kind regards

Gerhard Gaußling