Resizing an NTFS partition........

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Sat Apr 29 08:58:05 UTC 2006

.........just works. :-)

I couldn't believe it.. For an operating system that doesn't allow you
to save a simple file to an NTFS drive "because it's not open & free but
patented by evil MS who doesn't release the specifications, boo hoo hoo
hoo, so we can not be 100000000000000000000000% sure that it would work
so we're not doing it at all, so there. snif.".

Anyway, from that kind of system I was pleasantly surprised that it
WOULD do a considerably more complex partition resizing operation
without any fuss whatsoever.. :)  And I know there were still files
physically in the area that would be 'cut' so it must have moved those
around first..

It IS a good idea to go into Windows first and error-check and defrag
the volume and create as much space as possible. But after that you just
boot the Dapper Live CD to resize the partition using included Gnome
Partition Editor, then Install dapper on the empty space created.

Cheers,
Chanchao