[OT] wireless headset for it-telephony

Patrick Drechsler patrick at pdrechsler.de
Fri Apr 28 23:43:14 UTC 2006

Hi,

what are the alternatives for wireless IT-telephony with Ubuntu (I am
aware of the fact that this is not Ubuntu-specific)?

A cordless headset seems to imply bluetooth. This suggests buying a
bluetooth card for both my laptop and desktop (both Ubuntu) and a
bluetooth headset. Is this correct?

I am looking for the cheapest interface. So if I don't have to buy an
expensive bluetooth headset I'm open for alternatives.

In case Bluetooth is the only alternative for wireless IT-telephony I'd
be interested in the packages I'd have to install and the cost (and
vendors to by the hardware).

Regards

Patrick