Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Roger Haxton rhaxton at swbell.net
Fri Apr 28 21:53:04 UTC 2006

On Thursday April 27 2006 22:42, Don Dwiggins wrote:
> - VPN/Remote Desktop: I work at home a lot, and use my office computer
> via Remote Desktop.  I'm hoping to find Linux client software that will
> allow me to do this.

VPN depends on what you are connecting to.  I have used both vpnc and the
vpnclient directly from Cisco.  Haven't ever tried PPTP vpn from linux.
Remote desktop is easy.  rdesktop should be installed, and the tsclient makes
it even easier.  I think there's another package other than tsclient, but I
haven't ever tried it.
--
~R~