Wireless WPA Integration

jrb114 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Apr 28 16:51:27 UTC 2006

I've had WPA work in Breezy and Hoary through wpasupplicant without any
problems, but only by manually entering the various configs into
files.

On upgrading to Dapper the same seemed to happen, however...

I found out about network manager and, after commenting out my network
interfaces (eth0 and ath0) from /etc/network/interfaces, network
manager picks them up and (so far) works flawlessly with wires, without
wires, and on WPA too - it just prompted me for the network password.
All this too, without asking me for root (I think!).

NM looks excellent :)

--
jrb114