Workspace auto-switching...

David Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 27 15:31:50 UTC 2006

Jhair Tocancipa Triana wrote:

> Peter Garrett writes:
>

>>Several window managers will do desktop/workspace switching like this -
>>Fluxbox can be configured to do it, as can Enlightenment Both KDE and
>>Fluxbox, and I think Xfce (xfwm window manager?) can in addition be
>>configured to switch workspace with mouse scrolling on the root window.
>

> Indeed that is the default behaviour of xfwm4 the Xfce window
> manager. I replaced metacity with xfwm4 under Gnome to get workspace
> switching working (among lots of other things).

	Thanks. for the info... I'll drop the Xubuntu setup on the laptop, and
try out the xfwm4. BTW, any downsides to using xfwm4 instead of metacity?
	And I'll try the Brightside app that Alexandre mentioned also.

	Anybody have any thoughts as to which would be the better way to do
this? (Brightside vs. xfwm4)

	I'll let you know how it works out for me...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818