XawTV : full screen mode doesn't work

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Wed Apr 26 22:29:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 17:46 +0100, jazzmuzik wrote:
> It's a screen issue. I get it with mplayer as well. If I open a video
> with mplayer -vo x11 I get the small screen that won't go to
> fullscreen. On the other hand if I specify mplayer -vo gl2 (since I'm
> using the fglrx driver for ATI cards) I can get the full screen. the
> -vo xv option has given me fullscreen as well in the past. Apparently
> this solution doesn't work with xawtv. Have you tried the other tv
> program, tvtime? It's got a nicer interface.
>

> --
> jazzmuzik

You, most likely, don't have the XVideo extension on your X server.

What is the output of the following two commands:
        xvinfo
        xdpyinfo | fgrep XVideo

(in my system, the first gives me a long information, the second gives:
        XVideo
        XVideo-MotionCompensation
which means I have XVideo running okay. “XVideo” is the important one,
“XVideo-MotionCompensation” is not important.)

Ziyad.