aliases [was: Change Directory with two dots (cd..)]

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Apr 26 12:21:20 UTC 2006

Francisco Borges wrote:
> Having an alias with .. doesn't interfere with the path ;-)

Technically no, but it's I'm more comfortable with one that is more
distinctive.

> In zsh you can have global aliases, which expand regardless of the
> position like;

That's neat. Though they still have to be space separated. But it's
better that way. The ability to do ",,,,,,,,,,," is not worth the
trouble of having a file called "Music" not work because zsh expanded
the M to something else.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--