Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

turdomatic ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Apr 26 01:35:26 UTC 2006

I'm new to Ubuntu as of last evening. I've been using Libranet for the
past four years and am saddened to see the Libranet crew fall apart as
I believe it was the best Linux distro ever. However, after searching
about for a replacement, I've decided on Ubuntu.  I had this disc
Ubuntu sent me a few years ago so I stuck it in. Warty Warthog it
is.... well, it works on my AMD64 so there it is - though I still
haven't gotten my samsung CLP-510 printer working yet. That's a problem
generally with any Linux.

computers for the past 4 years. I don't have a single version of
Window$ anywhere in my house. In fact, I'm buying a laptop shortly and
will without doubt immediately remove the Window$ and install Linux.

I respond to straw polls because I think its a good idea to get a view
of the extent of Linux use generally - especially with Ubuntu, which
has a lot of newbies, they need to know they're not alone. poor
things.](*,)

--
turdomatic