wine without ntfs

Avraham Hanadari rufus at hanadari.net
Tue Apr 25 10:10:23 UTC 2006

I found and installed wine. It's not quite what I expected after so many
years of development, but it does work ... sort of. When I was on the
Windows side, I copied a couple of non-dll programs to a fat32
partition, and later accessed them from Ubuntu to try out wine. I can't
access the Program Files repository of all my Windows programs, so I'm
very limited in what I can try with wine. Either I must find some way of
accessing the NTFS partition, reformat it to fat32, or discover that
there is another way to use wine. I thought I'd read somewhere that one
need not have the Windows program installed to use it through wine.
Misunderstanding? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Avraham

--