cron puzzles me

Eric Feliksik milouny at gmx.net
Tue Apr 25 08:07:05 UTC 2006

Alfred Jim G. Amada wrote:
> im running a script containing this line:
>
> mpg123 -z --list playlist &
>

> but it seem's that it could not run on background? what could possiblle
> be the problem? nid help pls

I'm not very sure, but chances are that cron doesn't know your $PATH, so
it can't find mpg123. Try the full path (/usr/bin/mpg123). While
debugging this, you can also make a bash-script that runs the command
you want, with output to files (ls >dumpfile.txt) so you can see what
actually happens. You only run the bash-script from cron (again, full path).