Tool to generate static pages with Photos

Jean Hollis Weber jean-ooo at taming-openoffice-org.com
Tue Apr 25 02:13:19 UTC 2006

Jean-Eric Cuendet (RPT) wrote:
> Is there a tool to generate static pages with photos?
> In KDE, there was one, once, that takes a set of JPG files and generate
> a set of pages (no PHP, jscript, ...) with thumbnails, small and real
> photos. That's nice is you can't setup coppermine or the like.

In addition to gthumb, and the other suggestions people have
made, there is JAlbum, which I quite like. It has lots of skins
and you can do all sorts of interesting pages with it. It does
require Java to run the program, but the resulting pages are just
HTML (with a separate CSS file).

http://jalbum.net/

--Jean