Where is xorgcfg?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Mon Apr 24 12:34:14 UTC 2006

Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
> Seems like 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' wants to create an entirely
> new xorg.conf. Also it wants to write to /etc, where our diskless
> clients only have read access to.

Yes to both. Reconfiguring the X server means writing a new file in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf

> I only want to make some modifications
> to an existing xorg.cfg. xorgcfg is just the optimal tool for that.

The program I suggested will read the current Xorg file and allow you to
make changes.

> So where has it gone?

It was probably never there. Maybe it's a script from another distro.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org