Anyone using Unison

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 24 08:45:07 UTC 2006

John,

John Cradock wrote:
> I just installed Unison on my machine (running Dapper beta), and I
> can't figure out how to get the GUI to run. Does anyone out there have
> any experience running Unison on Ubuntu?

Yes, I use it all the time. You need to install the unison-gtk package
to get the GUI, and then run unison-gtk from a terminal window, or
configure a menu item to do this. Installing the package does not create
any menu entries IIRC.

Note, if you using unison to synchronise with another machine, you must
have the same version of unison installed on both machines. (This
presents problems synchronising between Dapper and Breeze, for example).

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold