Question, Re: bug 40983

C Hamel yogich at sc2000.net
Sun Apr 23 23:34:09 UTC 2006

The following...
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/kde-guidance/+bug/40683
...has a complete explanation & contains the hunt for the bug's trigger.  What
I do not yet know is how to keep the kde-guidance0.6.4 pkg in place rather
than updating to kde-guidance0.6.5.  I do not know if keeping said pkg in
place will make any difference or not... I only know that the update triggers
this bug ...and it's a nasty one if one has less than excellent vision.

I am have been using 'apt-get dist-upgrade' for all updates as per a thread
that appeared in this forum suggesting that it was the safest way to
update --and having had problems, myself, using any other method.  And, if
one uses 'Adept' for updating, is it just as simple as deselecting that one
update, or not?  B-4 I start this experiment it would be helpful to know that
much, at the very least.

Thanks...
--
	...CH