Chinese text entry

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 14:04:04 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-23-04 at 10:52 +0200, Loïc Martin wrote:

> > Eh?  I've adjusted absolutely nothing, but I can use SCIM everywhere.
> > 你好吗?  That was a Ctrl-Shift away and in Evolution.  Another
> > Ctrl-Shift and I'm back in English.  I can do the same in any app that
> > can cope with UTF-8 input at all.  (Which is every app I use --
> > including OpenOffice.org2.)

> I'm quite interested in that, because it would solve my pbs in Dapper.
> As mentionned, the pb is in Dapper, so could you please precise if you
> installed Dapper from scratch (and then which Flight) or upgraded from
> Breezy to Dapper (in what case that would be more understandable).

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I'm in Breezy, not in Dapper.  I thought the OP
was in there as well.

> Thanks a lot for any information (I could then update
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/language-support-zh/+bug/34282

About the only advice I could give is "don't use Dapper for Chinese
entry", then, I'm afraid.  Sorry.  :(  I'll pay better attention next
time.

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn

"[Blacks] ... are inferior to the whites in the endowments both of body
and mind." --Thomas Jefferson