X server error

aqua ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Apr 22 19:22:31 UTC 2006

When I use the lspci command (without grep VGA) I get the following:

0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
R350 [Radeon 9800 Pro]

0000:01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R350
[Radeon 9800 Pro] (Secondary)

As you can see the two displays are on two different busid's, but if
you used grep VGA you woudn't have noticed that. Perhaps you also have
them on two different busid's and it's complaining about trying to
asign a second device identifier to the same busid?

--
aqua