Thank God for backups!

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Sat Apr 22 11:41:49 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 12:07 +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> > I think this should have been more prominant, it's not even in the 'Add
> > application' thingy, I tried keep and konserve (both KDE apps) and they
> > didn't work as expected. Let's hope that sbackup does.
>
> How did keep and konserve fail? What did you expect? What did they not do?
I can't remember which did which, they seem to actually be essentially
the same program. I got it/them to backup once but them it/them wouldn't
do anything and gave no errors or information. On another occasion, I
think it was with keep, it said something like 'the destination
directory doesn't seem to be an rdiff directory' and failed - no info on
what an rdiff directory is or how to fix the problem. I know that rdiff
is an incremental backup app, but an rdiff directory?

> > Do I get a notice each time it's done? I'm nervous after previously
> > finding out that keep hadn't been doing anything.
>
> No, but you can do an 'ls /var/backup' and see the bacups there. You can
> click on "Back up now" to test it.
Hmm, I'd like a notification option. Just until I've seen it's running
fine for a period of time. I might request that.

Duncan