Thank God for backups!

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Sat Apr 22 10:56:58 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 14:35 -0700, Vram wrote:

> > The moral of the story: Backup your home directory.
> >
> > Ubuntu has an easy to use backup tool, I highly recommend it. Install it
> > right now, don't wait! : sudo aptitude install sbackup
> >
> > After installing, go to System > Administration > Simple Backup Config.
> > The default settings are great, you can take those.

I think this should have been more prominant, it's not even in the 'Add
application' thingy, I tried keep and konserve (both KDE apps) and they
didn't work as expected. Let's hope that sbackup does.

Do I get a notice each time it's done? I'm nervous after previously
finding out that keep hadn't been doing anything.

Duncan