Thank God for backups!

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 04:52:08 UTC 2006

On 4/22/06, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> I can't understand why Ubuntu doesn't ship it by default (or something
> else if there is a better one somewhere), especially since according to
> the package description, Ubuntu was actually involved with this
> program ! :
>
> "The project was sponsored by Google during Google Summer of Code 2005
> and mentored by Ubuntu"
>
> Hopefully it's not too late to include it in Dapper, that would be a
> truly valuable addition IMHO !!! I hope it will make it into Edgy Eft at
> least.

I believe it is too late, but I do agree with you.
A quick search of launchpad says there are no outstanding bugs with it..
It would be nice if it could do a simulation backup and approximate how
large the backup will be, based on your inclusion and exclusions settings.
I would also be nice to be able to use this to backup headless machines
remotely..

But all in all.. it's a great little app that I'll start using for sure.

--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Dapper 6.06