DapperUpgrades instructions was(Re: Announcing Beta release of Ubuntu 6.06 LTS)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 21 18:28:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 10:49:33AM -0700, lloyd at foolswisdom.com wrote:
> On 4/21/06, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
> > > The instructions could start
> > > 1. Open the System menu and choose Adminstration > Update Manager
> >
> > Only once Dapper has been released will Update Manager offer it as an
> > automatic upgrade.  Until then, it must be run with the -d option.
> >

> Sure, but my understanding was that I ran the tool once to get a copy that
> included the new functionality.

Oh, I see what you mean.  Yes, more explicit instructions would be good.

> If you like I can try to upgrade the instructions? (pun intended) You can
> always revert my changes ;-)

Given that this page is linked from the (widely reprinted) release
announcement, it would be a good idea to be cautious.  I suggest working
closely with the doc team to produce a new version and then replace it all
at once, rather than editing it in-place.

--
 - mdz