Setting up a second monitor

Antony Gelberg antony at wayforth.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 14:57:59 UTC 2006

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Karl Auer wrote:
>
>> Really. Oooookay. What about common objects like potatoes and chickens?
>

> What about them?
>
>> Do you think there might be a reason why all microwave ovens are
>> basically metal boxes?
>

> I'm sure there is, but I don't know it. Notice how that ignorance
> doesn't prevent me from using a microwave :)

What does a one-trick pony device like a microwave have to do with a
device like a computer which is complicated by nature (assuming the user
wants to use it for more than one repetitive simple task)?

>> Why there is a metal mesh on the door glass?
>

> Because a metal mesh won't make the microwave explode.

That's an answer to a different question.  The answer is because it
stops the microwaves getting out of the oven through the glass, hence
increasing the safety.