Automatic Clone of Ubuntu systems

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Apr 21 14:33:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 09:20 +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Michael R. Head wrote:
> > I just use dd with a live CD.
>
> Please see my other email with the drawbacks of dd.

gparted should allow you to grow the partition as necessary after the
image is written. Of course, there's no way with the dd method to write
to a drive that's smaller than the original drive.

Of course, all the systems that I'm duping to are identical.

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt [0x4C9DA1D0]