Synaptic installs not installed

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 21 10:01:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:38:39 +0300
Avraham Hanadari <rufus at hanadari.net> wrote:

> > Don't give it up yet. Looking at Peter's message, he mentions tkremind,
> > which is almost certainly a GUI interface to remind. Try it...
> >
> > Regards, K.
> >
> Not mentioned in my Synaptic.

Right - it isn't a separate package. It is in the "remind" package, as I
tried to show in my other post (I think you had a question in another
thread that is duplicated here, and I saw that one first).

Try typing this in your terminal:

which tkremind

It should say

/usr/bin/tkremind

Since that is in your default path, just typing

"tkremind"   <hit enter>  (without the quotes, of course)

should start it. Or type the full "/usr/bin/tkremind" - the effect is the
same.

Peter

 --

Linux User #343161