Modem Driver for Aopen FM56 Modem (Conexant)

OOzy Pal oozypal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 09:05:18 UTC 2006

On 4/21/06, OOzy Pal <oozypal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/20/06, Andrew Zajac <arzajac at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 4/20/06, OOzy Pal <oozypal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Where can I find a driver for Aopen FM56 Modem (Conexant)?
> >

> > It may cost less to buy another kind of modem.  The driver you buy from
> > linuxant is supported for a year, after which you may need to buy it again
> > if you want to run a different kernel.
> >

> > --
> >

> I think you are right. I found the Hayes Model 15350 External. Does it
> work with Linux?
> --
> OOzy

Never mind, this modem does not work with Linux.

Anyhow, can you recommend an internal modem that works with Linux
which I can buy from BestBuy or Circuit City. I am actually not the US
but I have friends there who can buy me the modem and send it to me;
howevr, they don't know anything about Linux. Therefore, a model
number will help them.

Thank you

--
OOzy