New update manager!!

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 21 09:05:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:28:58 +1000
Jean Hollis Weber <jean-ooo at taming-openoffice-org.com> wrote:

> When I upgraded from Hoary to Breezy, I'm sure I didn't do
> anything much. I don't recall just what I did, but I do know it
> was easy and I didn't have to edit any files.

If I remember correctly, with Hoary to Breezy there was a feature which
asked you if you wanted to upgrade when you inserted a Breezy disc.

Perhaps that was what happened? I didn't use this method so I can't be
sure I have it right...

The difference with the new tool is that it will automatically change the
apt sources, and use the network to do the distribution upgrade - it looks
like a major improvement over the previous methods, which involved
replacing hoary with breezy in the /etc/apt/sources.list file, updating,
then dist-upgrading.

Peter

--

Linux User #343161