Setting up a second monitor

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Fri Apr 21 08:57:40 UTC 2006

Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
>> Seems that if you enable Xinerama, you'll loose DRI (accelerated 3D) -
>> if DRI is important to you, don't enable Xinerama.
>
> Hmmm... I have no idea of I even use DRI. Sounds like either a games
> thing, or a CAD thing, neither of which I use. But could be I use it
> without knowing.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you don't use accelerated 3D.
AFAIK it's only relevant for games and other types of 3D rendering.

Since you're going to make a backup :) you can just go for Xinerama and
if you find you miss 3D rendering (I doubt it) you can go back. We can
help you do that here.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--