Synaptic installs not installed

Avraham Hanadari hanadari at zahav.net.il
Fri Apr 21 07:38:35 UTC 2006

On at least two occasions I have selected and installed packages which I
was later unable to find. "Remind" and "3-D Chess" are the most recent.
Evidently there is a step here which I am ignoring. It is clearly marked
in Synaptic that the programs are installed. I reinstalled Remind just
to be sure. I've even searched in Add Applications, and they do not
appear there. I know remind is in /usr/bin/remind, clicking on it
doesn't wake him up. What have I missed?

Thanks in advance,

Avraham