Setting up a second monitor

Jean Hollis Weber jean-ooo at taming-openoffice-org.com
Fri Apr 21 02:53:04 UTC 2006

James Gray wrote:
>>>What is the monitor you're trying to plug in (Brand/Model)?
>>
>>Samtron 76E. It's a CRT.
>
> OK - so one of these? http://www.samtron.com/PRODUCT/76e_fea.html

Looks like it.

> Seems that if you enable Xinerama, you'll loose DRI (accelerated 3D) - if DRI
> is important to you, don't enable Xinerama.

Hmmm... I have no idea of I even use DRI. Sounds like either a
games thing, or a CAD thing, neither of which I use. But could be
I use it without knowing.

> Cool.  Have a look at those URL's and see if you can adapt one of the configs
> to your setup.  It's not too hard to match option-for-option in the config
> file.  Anything after a "#" in the config file is a comment so not used by
> the server.

Okay. I may not get to this until tomorrow. Here it is after noon
already and I haven't done any real work yet today. :-)

> REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR WORKING CONFIG FIRST!

Heh. You betcha!

Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Cheers, Jean