Automatic Clone of Ubuntu systems

John Schofield schoflist at dakim.com
Thu Apr 20 18:03:06 UTC 2006

I'm looking for a tool that lets me clone and restore an entire disk
image from an Ubuntu box, a la Norton's Ghost. (But from what I
understand, Ghost isn't all that great with Linux volumes.)

The idea is that for servers, I would set them up once correctly,
clone that image, and then simply do a bare-metal restore from the
cloned image if necessary due to hardware failure or OS corruption.

If there's a tool you've used for this with success, I'd love to hear
your stories.

Thanks a bunch!

John Schofield