How to make an Ubuntu Firewall

Charles Yao yaocharlesc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 11:46:40 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, David Symons <ubuntu at liberatedcomputing.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 06:03 +0100, dooleydotdk wrote:
> > Could someone explain a newbie like me how to install IPcop. I found it
> > on http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipcop/ - but how do I install it?
> > What should I do; download ipcop-fcdsl-1.4.10.i386.tgz or the .iso.
> > know it may be a bit out of this topic but I still hav'nt got the
> > entire installation picture i Ubuntu. Any help appriciated.
>
> Hi,
>
> IPCop is a distribution in itself.  You dedicate a (usually old and
> otherwise unwanted) PC to it.  You download the ISO, burn it to CD, boot
> off it and it will install and set itself up.
>
> If you want to run your ubuntu PC as a firewall, as well as continuing
> to use it as a workstation, then Firestarter would be one way to go.
>
> Cheers, Dave.
> --
> David Symons
> https://launchpad.net/people/bimberi

Dave,

Thanks for the info. Im looking at Smoothwall right now and it seems quite
easy to install. Im keeping my fingers crossed that nothing happens. Im such
a noob with these things.

Charles

--
"It is unwise to pay to much, but it is worse to pay too little; you
sometimes lose everything becuase the thing you bought was incapable of