Install Real?

NaGp nagp.ubuntu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 11:56:57 UTC 2006

Avraham Hanadari wrote:

> I evidently need Real in order to hear my MP3 files and see streamed
> material on BBC. I did download an RPM file, but then discovered that
> Ubuntu doesn't recognize RPM. So what must I do in order to install
> Real or another program that will do the same thing? Thanks in
> advance, Avraham

Hi,

I suggest you can download, compile and install mplayer for that. It is
an all-in-one package that can recognizes a variety of file formats. I
am sure, you wont post another question regd the need for another
software to play a different file format. Mplayer has livemedia support too.

HTH.
--NaGp.