brltty consuming way too much memory

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Apr 20 10:14:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 11:45 +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> The other part of the change applies an upstream fix for the memory
> leak.
>
> If you're in Ireland give out a beer to Gary Coady who investigated and
> found the patch.

Nope, I am in France not Ireland. But if you are reading this, thank you
Gary !
But if the 200MB thing was a bug/memory leak, and that it doesn't need
insane amount of memory anymore now, then we don't "have" to turn it off
anymore either, do we... if it can help blind people, that's a good
cause.. After all, there is other stuff that loads by default and that's
a lot less useful to ordinary end users than accessibility features !
Like RAID, LVM, EVMS, spring to mind to start with...

--
Vince