[DAPPER] Slow boot "Configuring network interfaces..."

Pekka Tiittanen pekka.tiittanen at pp.inet.fi
Thu Apr 20 03:49:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 12:55 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:

> Wouldn't it just be easier to _assume_ the network's not yet available,
> remove "auto eth0" from /etc/network/interfaces, and get on with life? :-)

Well, no. Why it has worked without hangs for almost 3 years and now
suddenly after upgrading to dapper it starts to hang. There's no way you
can make me believe that suddenly the network "just isn't yet
available". I'd believe it if I used DHCP, but with static IP it's just
not normal behaviour.

I bet that it would work with other distros without hangs :D

--
I finally went to the eye doctor. I got contacts. I only need them to
read, so I got flip-ups. -- Steven Wright

-Pekka-