Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Apr 18 22:51:08 UTC 2006

Konstantinos Togias wrote:
> For me it is:
>
> Ubuntu Breezy on my Home Desktop
> Dual boot with Ubuntu Breezy and Ubuntu Dapper on my Laptop
> Ubuntu Breezy on my work desktop
> Ubuntu Breezy on my Sister's Laptop
> Ubuntu Breezy on my girlfriend's Desktop

Can we include other people's computers in our "stats"? :)
In addition to my Ubuntu Breezy desktop and my Ubuntu Breezy laptop I
should mention my girlfriend's Mandriva desktop, her Ubuntu desktop, and
my brother's Ubuntu-Windows dualboot desktop.

> I have more than four years to use a no - GNU/Linux OS for production
> and more than two for general use.

I've been Linux-only for 8 years :)  My first Linux desktop was a 486
running slackware in 1998. It was too slow for graphics, so I did
everything on TTYs. But that's alright because it did what I needed it
for (I was studying C at school and wanted to practise at home - btw, we
also used Linux at school).

The rest of my family uses OpenOffice and Firefox but they still use
Windows. My mom "tolerates" using Linux but she doesn't like it. She
only ever uses it to talk to me on Skype (we couldn't get Skype working
on Windows - yes, I did try).

Cheers,
Daniel.
--