Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

The_Eye_in_The_Sky syiwabhairawa at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Apr 18 15:25:39 UTC 2006

webbber wrote:
> Ubuntu would have completely replaced windows on my laptop... but
> unfortunately there's a side of me that just has to update everything
> to the latest dev release, upgrade kernel etc... so every few weeks
> something goes wrong (always my fault!) and its back into windows to
> pick up the pieces and reinstall linux!

Split the partition between / and /home, so in that case you do not need
to loose your data when re-installing.
And when your / is hosed, no need to go back to Windows, just boot the
Ubuntu Live CD, or for me, I prefer Knoppix. Get what you need from
Internet even read your previous email from /home. So you do no neet to
spend the space for Windows.

I myself, still maintain a system with Windows, since a $#%#$% Internet
banking here is insisting IE only access :(  And I cannot spend money to
buy VMWare.
Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com