Default ical Application [was: Re: ubuntu release schedule ical - google calendar]

Brian Puccio brian at brianpuccio.net
Tue Apr 18 11:53:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 18:28 +1000, Russell Cook wrote:
> A quick question why is Korganiser the default program for ical files
> not Evolution (which is the default mailer) ?  Particularly in ubuntu,
> korganiser makes snese in Kubuntu.

Running Dapper here on Dapper and using Evolution, when I clicked the
ical link in Epiphany, it asked me where I wanted to save it, not if I
wanted to open it in Evolution. Upon saving, I it defaulted to open in
text editor, or I had the option of opening it in AbiWord. It seems
Evolution makes no claim to ical files, which is why Korganiser opens
them by default.
                                                   brian at brianpuccio.net
                                                   GPG Key ID 0xBBD2401F