usplash and screen corruption

Thomas Beckett thomas.beckett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 19:29:28 UTC 2006

I am running Dapper and when I try to change to a virtual terminal
with Ctrl-Alt F2 the screen starts to change, it gets into text mode
but the screen is full of random coloured screen corruption. This
happens when using the nvidia xorg driver instead of the nv driver.
For some reason if I dissable usplash (remove splash from the grub
command) and boot it switches vts fine. Is there a problem with the
text mode or something that usplash uses that the nvidia driver cant
switch to and is there any way to get them cooperating?

Many Thanks

Tom