ubuntu flight6 on a dell inspiron 6400

Nagaprabhanjan Bellaro nagp.ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 13:40:49 UTC 2006

> Please check your X logs to see if you are not already using the right
> stuff and its only Gnome that is not getting it right. I filled this bug
> report, it would be nice if you could add info of confirmation or denial
> to it:
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/kdebase/+bug/39041
>
> The logs were still showing 1024x768. Actually, its effect is visually
appealing. I dont know how, in this tweaking process, I once accidentally
got 1280x800 mode. I was happy to see that, but when I rebooted the machine,
the machine was back to square one. Then whatever I did, it was not getting
it past that mode. May be I have to look into it patiently to see whats
wrong. Anyway, the X logs shows what GNOME shows.