Solution for OEMs/Gnome

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Fri Apr 14 10:19:54 UTC 2006

Murray Cumming wrote:
>>This because tools like sabyone are used to _save_ time for administration.
>>A tool like sabayon witch has not a bit a documentation at all and which wants
>>the administrator to analyse the source code as documentation will need much
>>more time than others. By this, time is money as you know, sabayone will
>>never be accepted in an professional environment in its current state.
>>And also because of this Gnome will not make it on a companies desktop.
>
> Of course Sabayon is very new, and documentation does need to be done,
> but I don't think it requires a great deal of documentation to use.
> There is very little UI, and the whole point is that you can use a
> normal session.

I think Sabayon requires very little documentation. In my case, the only
part that wasn't obvious and had to be explained was that I should click
on "Users" and then choose "Use this profile for all users". You could
fit an acceptable tutorial in one page including two screenshots. Give
it two pages and you can probably cover everything. In my case, all I
needed was one paragraph.

Of course, if the poster needs a fuctionality that Sabayon doesn't have
then documentation won't fix it.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--