Firefox & Thunderbird fonts

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 08:07:16 UTC 2006

Frank Merenda wrote:
> Keith Powell wrote:
>> I downgraded "fontconfig" and the fonts are now fine again.
>
> Can you please tell us how you did this? I'm dying here!
> I had to format my machine, and upgraded with all the latest updates,
> and my fonts have the same problems you talked about.
>
> thanks,
> -Frank

Hello Frank.

Open synaptic and select the package you want to downgrade. (In our
case, fontconfig).

Then go to the Package menu at the top of the screen and select Force
Version. A list of the available versions is shown and select the
version you want synaptic to force install.

That's how I did it!

Hope this helps.

Keith